Thursday, May 30, 2013

Working in the garden/ Happy Birthday Dad!

We had been trying to find a cake to celebrate dad's birthday.  We finally found one when we went to Ikebukuro by ourselves (post to come) and for one small piece (honestly about 2 bites) it cost $4.50!  For a 10" small-regular size cake it was over $50!  If I come back to Japan maybe teaching English is not the right profession.... Anyway, Happy Birthday Dad!  Hope you had a great time and sorry we missed it!  We were thinking of you!

Most mornings Aiden likes to go outside and help Otosan in the vegetable garden.  Yesterday I went out to find him digging a hole right between the veggies...poor otosan who doesn't speak English is too lenient with Aiden.  Needless to say I have redirected Aiden to only dig in an empty spot.  
What is he doing?....

Aiden was very proud of his hole, he was digging to plant seeds!


Aiden filling the hole back in




1 comment:

  1. Thanks Alex - I had a great Birthday. It was a glorious sunny day and I spent it on the deck - building away until about 7pm. Some help was had by Jenn and I really appreciated that. We missed you guys at dinner.

    ReplyDelete