Tuesday, May 21, 2013

We arrived!

After a 14 hour flight, and 6 hours/ 3 trains later we finally made it to Miki's parents house.  It was 11 pm Japanese time (10 am on Tuesday Canada time) and I still hadn't slept! Aiden got about 6 hours of sleep in all our travelling which was not bad.  We mailed our luggage to Miki's Parent's house and it should arrive today.  That way we didn't have to carry so many things on the trains!

Despite only sleeping aprox 5 hours in 2 days, we are up at 4 am Japanese time this morning because Aiden had jet leg.  I don't mind too much, although keeping him quiet so he doesn't wake everyone up is a bit of a challenge.  It is so bright at 4:30 am and the sun goes down at 6pm here.  It feels a bit like winter with the sunshine, but it is SO hot and humid so there is no mistaking it's the summer! 

We forgot to check about the electricity comparability and sadly they do not match, so Greg's computer is dead and I only have 15 mins left on mine.  Hopefully we will be able to find an adaptor today and post some more photos tonight!
Aiden watching t.v. on the plane

We were right over the wing.  This is Tokyo!

Tokyo

Ikebukuro Station

View out our window.  Wish I could figure out how to open the door...

Futon sleeping

No comments:

Post a Comment