Thursday, May 23, 2013

Chichibu

Miki's dad has a small farm next to there house and we picked strawberries to have with our lunch.  Greg and I got bitten by the most itchiest/painful mosquito, but Aiden had a lot of fun in the garden.  It is very dry apparently, although it is so humid, and the crops are not doing that well.  The rainy season will be here in about a week or two, so all the farmers are waiting for the rains to come.

Today Miki taught me how to take the local train to the department store.  We finalized some plans to go the a ninja museum and a world heritage shrine in a couple of weeks.  At the department store Aiden found a toys shop and an arcade.  We didn't have enough time to play, but Miki found how I can buy coins to play the games for when I am on my own with Aiden.

Tonight Miki's mom made us 100 dumplings!  We couldn't eat them all, but they were so tasty!  Tomorrow we will start cooking for ourselves so Aiden and I will walk to the grocery store.  The side walks here are non-existent.  The roads are also very narrow and there are few intersections that have stop lights.  Also, many intersections have high walls to the corners blocking the view of oncoming traffic.  They use mirrors all the time to see around the corners.  I will take a picture tomorrow, but it feels very unsafe.  I don't think I could drive here.
Strawberry picking with Miki's mom


Miki's dad's farm

Different kids of onion, green beens, corn, lettus, potato, eggplant, and some kind of squash I think

the driveway

Train station by Miki's parent's house



Aiden "playing" in the arcade


No comments:

Post a Comment